In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Friday, January 1, 2016

'Tis a New Year and With it We Should Begin Anew

2 years ago I introduced you to 2014 names over the course of a year, names which were unknown to me previously, fairly rare or unusual, or which I thought warranted introducing to you. This year I will be featuring various things related to names. Since we begin the year in January, why not begin with Jan? Which can be a nickname for longer names such as Janet, Janice, or Janelle, or, said more like 'yawn' it is a Scandinavian boy's name.

The Sea Storm by Jan Brueghel the Elder

Coastal landscape by Jan Brueghel the Younger

A pair of Dutch painters, Jan Brueghel (the Elder and the Younger)

Jan Brady... one of the first things I picture when I hear this name


Kimberly Jan Dickens,one of the actresses in the t.v. show Fear the Walking Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment