In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Apparitions

That's what I'm calling them anyhow. These are names that 'appear' on the bottom of the list of names at the Social Security Administration puts out each year. I don't mean the bottom of the top 1000 names but the bottom of the whole list. They look at applications for social security cards and present the information on all except those names given to fewer than 5 children, in an effort to protect privacy.

So, on THE Bottom, you find names like:

Zyriyah

Violetrose

Rus

Nubian

Justin

Fatoumatta

Betsey

Galiyah

Leonardo



No comments:

Post a Comment