In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Name this Feller

 
 
What name do you imagine a man, this down on his luck, might have had? It was painted in 1924 by Norman Rockwell, so it was before the Great Depression. But people have always had hard times, and some people always do. I thought Eubous fit him nicely, picking a name from the ones I introduced you to last year. It seems interesting enough for such a person. His dog, I think, named Kit, for a brother or old friend named Christopher. Or a son. I'm picturing him in Florida or some southern state, where it doesn't get too cold at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment