In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Barrett Family Genealogy Research

Here is some information I found on the Barretts that I am related to.

1880 Census for Stonewall, Frederick, Virginia

Ida M. Barrett age 5
Effa R. Barrett age 1

listed with their parents Mary A. Wingerter and John Barrett

1910 Census for Stonewall, Frederick, Virginia

Clarence B. Barrett age 29
Eva E. Barrett age 33
Mary C. Barrett age 3

Clarence is listed with his wife and daughter.

1930 Census for Stonewall, Frederick, Virginia

Roland L. Buncotter age 51
Anna M. Buncotter age 19
Clarence B. Barrett age 49

Clarence is listed living with his brother-in-law. Anna is Roland's daughter.

For those interested, here is how I am related to these people:

Mary A. Wingerter is my 3rd great aunt.
Her brother David is my 2nd great-grandfather.
Our common ancestors are John Wingerter and Barbara Dellit - her parents and my 3rd great-grandparents.
Her husband would be my 3rd great uncle.
Ida, Effa, and Clarence were all their children so they would be my 1st cousins 3 times removed.
Mary C. Barrett would be my 1st cousin 4 times removed.
Roland Buncotter's (or Buncutter's) wife was my 1st cousin 3 times removed (the youngest sibling of Ida, Effa, and Clarence not mentioned in the above censuses) - that would be Mary Salena Barrett.
So their daughter Anna is my 1st cousin 4 times removed (and Mary C. Barrett's first cousin).

No comments:

Post a Comment