In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

My name list

So last night, to de-stress and renew myself, I chose to rearrange my boy's name list. Not that I have any need for these names right now, it's just fun to put in order how much I like certain names. So I will just give you my top 10 (I'm still working on it and am up to 105 and just have maybe 10-15 more to figure out since I'm cutting several). Tell me which ones you like and which ones you don't. I tend to mostly like traditional boy names (I do have some old-fashioned, unusual, dated, and even a couple trendy names farther down on my list)

1-James
2-Matthew
3-Michael
4-Aaron
5-Seth
6-Peter
7-Phillip
8-Richard
9-Edward (and no, this is not because of Twilight, I've liked it for a long time)
10-William

3 comments:

  1. I'd say James is a definite keeper. Seth, makes me think wimp. But it may also be that it's so close to my name and that 'th' sound is so hard for people to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this site online and it had 'Dellitt' written all over it! It uses phonetics to help you come up with baby names you might not have considered before. I know you've got quite a list, but maybe you'll find something new. http://www.nymbler.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great website Beth. It's totally addicting to see what names they suggest based on which names you put in. Most of the time it gave me great suggestions (although, I have yet to find a new name to add, but I'll keep looking).

    ReplyDelete