In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Song of the Day: What a wonderful world

Yes, Coldplay's cover of Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World. Obviously, they didn't do the whole song. So here it is, performed by the man himself, a rather slender-looking, Louis Armstrong. And, I just thought for comparison, I would give you the video of a lady named Eva Cassidy performing this song. I actually like her version even better than Louis Armstrong's. Apparently, she's died already, and I never even knew who she was till I was writing this post. She died at 33 of skin cancer (in 1996) and I guess her music wasn't really that well-known while she was alive.

A little history on the song. It was written by Bob Thiele and George Weiss and first recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1968.





No comments:

Post a Comment