In 2014 I featured a series of blog posts introducing you to 2,014 names. For the most part they were names that were brand new to me as well. Some names may be more familiar but I found the meaning or origin or some other aspect of the name made it worthy of inclusion here. You may love some of the names, you may hate some, but hopefully you enjoy learning about all of them.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Genealogy Update




I went to BYU's genealogy library again today. I stayed for about 2 and 1/2 hours this time. I researched a little on the Johnstons and Foremans. The main thing I discovered is that our ancestor Joseph Johnston's mother was not married to John Johnston, he was her son. She was married to William Johnston. This should help in researching that line further back. For those of you who don't know we are related to William Johnston this way: my mother, Linda Lockhart's father was William Lockhart. His mother was Mary Ellen Pugh. Her mother was Annie Eliza Pool. Her mother was Nancy A. Johnston. Her father was Joseph Johnston, and his father was William Johnston. That's 8 generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment